Malwarebytes vsAvast are both robust antivirus solutions, which use very different tactics for security. Their core systems both use heuristic scanning to identify suspicious behaviors of both known and zero-day attacks. However, Malwarebytes focuses on custom scanning options, detailed reports, and ongoing liaison with the company.
Their “Bug Bounty” initiative offers cash prizes for reports, so security holes can be patched promptly. Users are also able to look back over their entire scan history and receive full anti-phishing and web protection without the need for a browser extension.
An innovative leader in cybersecurity, Avast uses state of the art of artificial intelligence and machine learning to scour the entire internet to continually detect and block malicious software. Avast requires to prevent 1.5 billion attacks every month.
Being the market leader in Antivirus Software, they can have a vast knowledge of viruses and attack patterns that are happening in real-time over the Internet. This gives them the ability to detect and block attacks effectively.
Malwarebytes is a unique cybersecurity company focused on using creative ways to identify threats and protect against them. One strong component of their software that is not always available with others is their focus on zero-days detection, which refers to threats that have not been seen before.
Also, their anti-exploit feature available on the Premium version uses fingerprinting detection to prevent attacks on your local applications running on your machine.
Malwarebytes vs Avast – A Comparative Analysis
Nowadays, everything is fast-paced, and it is hard to pause the daily routine even for the severest of circumstances. It is why we have designed this summary of the whole article specifically for you so that you are able to find the answer quickly while able to learn the primary things that we wish to convey to you.
- Pricing – Malwarebytes was comparatively cheaper than Avast antivirus, and thus, we made it the winner of the pricing round. If you wish to get multi-device(10 platforms) for protection, then Avast is the wisest choice for you as Malwarebytes only offered coverage across 3 devices;
- Antivirus Protection Rating – Avast gave accurate results and didn’t leave even a single malware out of its sight. Meanwhile, Malware underperformed in that department;
- System-Performance Impact – Avast was supremely compatible with the PC and had minimal impact on its performance, and it is why preferred it over Malwarebytes antivirus software;
- Features – Avast offers an advanced level of variety that some antivirus programs can afford. While Malwarebytes only concentrated on the virus protection aspect and offered no additional utility for protection or privacy;
- User Interface – There was an excellent level of slickness behind both the interfaces of Avast and Malwarebytes antivirus software. Both were easy to use, even for novices. And it is why we considered this comparison as a tie;
- Customer Support Service – Avast wasn’t able to provide the live chat facility, but it made up for it with an extensive library of guides and FAQs for every possible issue with the software. Malwarebytes’ recent restructuring of the whole support region made it the winner of this comparison;
- Popularity – Avast was the winner of the popularity contest as it surpassed Malwarebytes with a market share of 9.09% and got the 5th spot.
We use multiple devices and platforms to share our vital data with one another on a daily basis, and sometimes due to lapse in judgment or because of the shortage of time, the chances of downloading or saving a malicious file infected with the virus may enter into our device. Antivirus software comes in handy for the purpose of safety against such circumstances, which not only prevents the virus from infecting other files but stops it from entering in the first place.
Malwarebytes vs Avast: Which One Is Better?
In 2020, online protection is a must. Without it, you’ll risk losing your data, getting your computer hijacked, and being attacked by ransomware, among other things. With hackers finding new, sophisticated ways of penetrating security, an antivirus is the only thing that can keep the threats at bay. Now, while there are many free offers on the market, they aren’t nearly as good as the paid alternatives.
If you’re looking for a reliable antivirus, both Avast and Malwarebytes will be a decent pick. These are leading solutions with strong fan bases and reliable protection – but which one is the more suitable option? To help you better understand the pros and cons of both products, we made this comparison page. We took our time with testing and had all the necessary details to share with you.
Join us, and let’s look at the free editions, the paid options, the features, and pricing, among other factors. That will enable us to compare Malwarebytes and Avast and determine the winner. We’ll start with the standout features of both antiviruses and talk about the important extras. At the very bottom, you’ll find the final verdict with our recommendations.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: Do I need Malwarebytes if I have Avast?”]A: Having both an Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes is excellent advice. The AV will run always, Malwarebytes you open as often as you like to do a scan (don’t forget to go to Settings>Protection>enable scan for rootkits. In fact, Avast has Passive Mode which would enable you to use Avast as the on-demand scanner if you wish.[/wps_faq][wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: Is Malwarebytes the same as Avast?”]A: Malwarebytes and Avast are not direct opponents as both provide different types of security. Avast is great in the antivirus industry, while Malwarebytes is well known as a useful anti-malware tool.[/wps_faq][wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: Can Avast detect malware?”]A: Avast Free Antivirus eliminates hidden malware, blocks future malware, and protects against nasty viruses, spyware, ransomware, and more. 100% free.[/wps_faq][wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: What is better than Avast?”]A: While Avast does offer some excellent additional security tools including safer shopping, sandbox, webcam protection, and automatically updating apps, the malware test and performance test results, plus the news on Avast marketing private data means McAfee is my winner here.[/wps_faq]
Getting a premium antivirus in today’s time is one of the significant needs of internet users. Since software like antivirus tends to provide individuals with security and safety from online threats.
As of the 2 Antivirus software discussed in this article, the comparison is carried out for people to understand the software better and to opt for the one which suits best for their needs.